The Schizophrenia Fellowship is a nonprofit, community based organisation working in the field of mental illness. As such, it is governed by a management committee which guides the organisation strategically. The management committee is made up of 13 members, three of whom must have a mental illness.
Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW Inc is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people living with a mental illness, their relatives and carers, and professionals working in the area.
The Fellowship works to:
- Eliminate stigma and create a society that is understanding and accepting.
- Ensure that people with a mental illness, and their carers and relatives, have access to information and appropriate services.
- Advocate on behalf of people with a mental illness, their carers and relatives and mental health professionals, for better government policy in the areas of research, treatment, rehabilitation, housing and other relevant areas.
- Provide innovative programs and support.
- Ensure that the Fellowship has effective and accountable management.
His Excellency General The Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Ret'd), is the 38th Governor of New South Wales.
He commenced his five year tenure in October 2014.
Prior to his appointment as Governor, His Excellency served for 42 years in the Australian Army, concluding his service as the Chief of the Defence Force. His Excellency was awarded a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2010 for eminent service to the Australian Defence Force, and a Distinguished Service Cross for his leadership during Operation SOLACE in Somalia in 1993.
His Excellency is married to Linda and has three adult children: Caitlin, Marcus and Amelia. He has a wide range of interests in the arts and in sport.
As Governor of New South Wales, His Excellency intends to support the people and community organisations of New South Wales, through:
- assisting programs and organisations that promote inclusiveness, diversity and active citizenship
- recognising innovation, achievement and excellence
- promoting industry and regional development
- providing support in times of adversity
- advocating for marginalised members of our community.
Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW Inc is a member of:
Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW Inc is:
- and a quality accredited organisation
Hearing Voices Declaration
signed by Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia for MIFA and Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW. more ...