Carer Assist is a service of the Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW.
Our Carer Advocates are friendly and dedicated and can support your caring role by helping you with:
- An understanding ear with one on one support
- Workshops to enhance your skills and strategies as a carer
- Understanding the mental health system
- Helping you understand what is happening to your loved one and how to cope
- Information on your rights and responsibilities as a carer
- Information on the services available in your area
- Help you access respite
- Being your advocate to ensure you have access to information and services required to assist you to meet the needs of your loved one
All services are offered on an individual basis, in a sensitive and confidential manner
Carer Assist is part of the NSW Family and Carer Mental Health Program and is funded by the NSW Department of Health, through the Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Office (MHDAO).
Where are we?
Carer Assist provides services for families and carers in the following local health districts:
- South Western Sydney
- Hunter/ New England
- Southern NSW
If you can't make it to our offices, give us a call and we may be able to meet you in a convenient place. We have strong partnerships with the Department of Health and are regularly available in many local hospitals and clinics to talk to families and carers.
The contact numbers for our offices can be found here, alternatively, you can call our head office contact line on 02 9816 5652.