Financial Support

Seeking Financial Support

The Federal Government, through the Department of Human Services provides financial assistance to carers, being the Carer Payment and Carer Allowance. Strict eligibility and income tests apply

The Carer Payment provides financial support to people who are unable to work in substantial paid employment because they provide daily care to someone with sever disability or medical condition, or to someone who is extremely frail.

The Carer Allowance is a supplementary payment for parents or carers providing additional daily care to an adult or dependent child with a disability or medication condition, or someone who is frail and aged. Carer Allowance is free of the income and asset test, is not taxable and can be paid in addition to wages, Carer Payment or any other Centrelink payment.

Please speak to a Carer Advocate for further information or assistance in access this, or go directly to the Dept Human Services website.