Where can I get more information
Information is widely available on the internet.
Carer Assist can assist with searching and finding appropriate information. You may also contact your Local Health District Service for further information.
What information is available at the local Community Mental Health Centre?
The following written information is typically available at Community Mental Health Centres for consumer and families/carers:
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Information on the local Centre
- Information on local mental health community or inpatient services
- What to do in a Mental Health Crisis
- Helping Children and Young People when there is Mental Illness in the Family
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Mental Health Resources
- Understanding Involuntary Treatment
- Understanding the Mental Health ACT
- Understanding the Impact of Alcohol and Other Drug Use
- What is Mental Illness?
- What is Anxiety Disorder?
- What is Bi Polar Mood Disorder?
- What is a Depressive Disorder?
- What is an Eating Disorder?
- What is Schizophrenia?
- Fact Sheets on Mental Illness in Different Languages
- Support Services for Families