People with mental illness have opportunities to improve both their mental and physical well being through engagement in sporting activities.
Aims of the MHSN:
- Increase participation in sporting activities by people with a mental illness
- Provide the framework for a variety of sporting competitions
- Promote the value of sport & recreation for people with mental illness
- Improve physical health, wellbeing, and social inclusion of people with a mental illness – competition is not the main aim
- Create networks of participating organisations
- Create partnerships with sporting bodies and the wider community
- Help people with mental illness access sporting activities in the Community
- Provision of limited financial assistance to individuals & teams for participation in sport.
Meet new people
Make new friends
Learn new skills
Improve your Health.
Benefits of the MHSN to people with mental illness:
Download MHSN Brochure
- Improved physical and mental health
- Social inclusion
- Team Spirit
- Improved quality of life.