Previous SAW Symposiums
Theme: "Celebrating the Past, Creating the Future"
Date Saturday 23rd May 2015
Time 8.30am to 4.00pm
Venue Aerial UTS Function Centre, Level 7, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo (please note parking is available on Level 1, For $15 all day)
- Our Opening Address: Associate Professor Anthony Harris will be opening the Symposium and Acknowledgment of Country.
- Keynote Speaker: Commissioner John Feneley will be sharing the latest news from the Mental Health Commission.
- Professor Chris Tennant has agreed to speak to us about Medications specifically Abilify Depot.
- Mick Reid the Independent President of Mental Illness Fellowship Australia comes to the role with a broad experience in Mental Health and National Issues.
- Erika Ballance has agreed to share with us the valuable work she has been involved with Support for Carers of Forensic Patients.
- Eileen McDonald – NSW Carer Representative – National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum will speak about “Creating the Future with Carer and Consumer Advocacy”
- Dr Pamela Marsh has been working on “Research on Social Cognition” It will be of great interest to hear her findings. Something we all need to be aware of.
- We have a Father who is Caring for a member of his family living with a mental illness who will speak about his special journey.
- Matthew Ireland from the Mental Health Intervention Team will be speaking about his Research into police matters and mental illness.
- The closing speaker this year is our CEO Rob Ramjan AM, Rob’s topic “Celebrating 30 years – What Next? Will be thought provoking for us all!
Concession $ 40 ($ 35*)
General $ 65 ($ 60*)
Professional $ 90 ($ 85*)
(*) Early Bird applies until 30/04/2015 (price includes GST)
Price includes, Morning Tea, Lunch, Drinks & Nibbles
Bookings: Pam Bruce (02) 9879 2600 or email to email@example.com or register online (below)
or Locked Bag 5014 - GLADESVILLE NSW 1675